Saturday, October 01, 2005

Joo-Leh


I've now arrived in Leh, India - sucking wind, no less. At 3,500 meters, I'm feeble and not accustomed to the cooler weather although I must admit, it feels good! Such a beautiful place - a wonderland of freedom. Many cultures and civilizations live here including Tibetan, Buddhists, and Muslims. Mountains and peacefulness envelopes the secluded area.

I love it here. However, this place deserves a serious look when you arrive as there is so much to see and do. Mountain trekking, climbing, camel rides, horseback/mule, rafting - this doesn't include the other aspect - Buddhism. I just missed the summertime availability of classes for yoga, meditation, message, etc. also including classes on how to train you how to teach these aspects. Poor timing on my part but I believe I missed all this by about a week or so. They all pull out for the winter since it's pretty harsh here.

Anyway, this whole region of Ladakh as well as other neighboring regions are breathtaking. BTW, the 3 highest motorable passes in the world lie within this region with the highest around 5,800 meters (need to verify exactly). Tibet, China, Pakistan and Russia are nearby - wow! Hard to believe I'm here with a balcony view of it all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home