Saturday, August 06, 2005

Light loaders on wheels

I got asked today by two road bikers which way to Munich. They quickly realized that although I spoke their native tongue, I was doing good to point out which way was North (which I really wasn't certain of). The two friendly men were from North Carolina and were riding around Europe on their nice road bikes - HUH! I looked around the back of their bikes thinking perhaps I missed their 'luggage' train. Nothing. They had next to nothing. Except for a large shoe box-sized bag which rode on the little rack above the back tire. I asked many questions since all the biking books here are in Duetche and this may be my Plan C. All they had with them were evening clothes for a meal, the riding clothes they had on, light toilettries, a spare tire and that's it. No rain gear either. They had come from Serbia 10 days ago and get in about 90 miles a day. They utilize hotels by night. As some of you already know, the network of bike paths throughout Europe allow bikers easy access across countries without hardly seeing a car. Now that's a thought!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I envy that. Being on a bike path through a whole @%$^< country, no less countrieS, is a BIG advantage, enjoy your ride!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home