Friday, August 05, 2005

Dirty Old Men everywhere

How disgusting and not my favorite thing to see to start the day.

As I walked to the center of town this morning along a very well maintained bike path, I was in a great mood. The sun was shining, the birds chirpping, the clouds were almost ready to give up their view upon the highest peaks in the valley just above my residence. I had yet to see these shy glacier-formed mountain spires. I walked with a gentle smile.

But wait, WHAT! I looked up only to see the worst item upon an old man I would care NOT to ever see in my life. I didn't just see a bit or piece - saw the whole bloody damn thing as he, yea, no explanation needed. I doubt he was just watering the flowers for all I saw was a green bush. He grunted a bit as I looked away and tisked at him as I passed. A biker rode past me a few seconds later. Did she see. . . yep, she saw it too. Yikes, what a sight that plagues my memory even at this moment.

This is sadly not a sight in scarcity along my journey and I would bet the farm that it will only get worse. A continent showing horrible sights seemingly waif-like, daunting, grotesque, cruel forms of human beings. I turn a corner and there it is - worse than I have yet not seen, until now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home