Tuesday, May 31, 2005

more on Dublin. . .

Decisions sometimes get made with the craziest twitch, I've noticed.

I had just sat down on my Aerlingus flight from Glasgow to Dublin; row 19, isle. It's only a 50 minute flight so I think to myself, ah, I'll just read one of those silly travel magazines they sometimes have in front of you instead of my Ipod. Sure enough, one "Cara" magazine with the front page picture of Marseilles - Mediterranean melting pot, it read. Other stories included, Barcelona, Naples, & the Golden Triangle. As I sat there salivating over the beautiful romantic ocean ports, the setting Sun light upon the terraced French buildings, the significant color of beige, tan and a bit of red on some of the roofes and a boat or two, I began to daydream about what it would be like to be there right now. I read over and over the stories within describing high realestate, wonderful fresh seafood, incredible history, stone architecture, culture, small sailboats & vessels, local white wines - the pictures alone were all I needed to plummet straight into what I would deem as, "cloud land". Suddenly, I realized to myself, "What am I doing flying to Ireland when I haven't even touched these places? Oh yea, Tiernan. Well, and the green land and beauty that Ireland holds." Of course, Ireland is beautiful and the people are so wonderfully friendly - there's no where else on Earth like it! But seriously - let's re-evaluate here. I love my friend T but my heart is set on warmth, ocean, and culture shock, albeit scary.

So there I sat full-well knowing that they put these manipulative pieces of literature in front of you hoping, some poor sap will fall for them - I did. And I'm darn proud of it (with a smile).

Dublin only got 7 days of my time. No where near the amount it deserved. Absolutely must go back some time and spend a month or more. Galway & the Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moore, Giant's Causeway, etc. are must-sees on my list among many others.

I'll save the details of the trip for the next post - TBC
lora

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home